Thursday, September 8, 2011

GOTCHA DAY!






























WOW! We finally have our Tae forever!!! We love him sooooooooo much. Today was amazing and so full of emotions. We love his foster mom so much and are so thankful for the 15 months that she cared for and loved our little boy. We could not be more blessed to have had her shraring Christ's love with him.


We arrived early at Eastern to visit with our new friend Dana and to rock babies in the nursery. There were sooo many tiny little babies. This is where Tae spent his first 2 months of his life. There are sweet workers that care for them. CJ and I had to put on a pink robe and scrub our hands and then the worker gave us a baby. I fed a little girl a bottle and CJ walked around with crying baby and then continued to hold that sweet baby while patting another one to sleep. These were newborns- one was born on Monday! I rocked babies and just prayed over them that they would one day have a loving family and that they would know the love of the Lord. I prayed that they would realize that Christ is the ONLY one that can sustain you and He will never leave you!


After loving on the babies we had our prayer service with Dr. Kim. We went downstairs and Tae and his foster mom were waiting for us. She had prepared yummy meals for him and made a scrapbook for him of his first things. It was sooooooooooooo special. I even have his umbilical cord! Hair from first haircut, fingernails and toenails!!! Foster mom held Tae during the prayer service and tears began to stream from her face. I cannot imagine loving him for so long and now having to leave him and wondering if you will ever see him again. At this point in his life only his foster mom, CJ and I share this undescribable love for him.

Dr. Kim prayed in Korean and it was so special. There were probably 4 families getting their babies with us and Dr. Kim came up to me and gave me a gift and told me that she was so happy that we were able to adopt. She said thank you so much for my contribution to Eastern and that she wishes I could understand her. I understand her great! It was really special that she did this for only us. I told her that I had gotten to spend some time at Jacobs' Home and Esther's Home and she was thrilled. The pictures of us with her are terrible, because neither one of us could stop crying.



So, now it was time for us to say goodbye to the foster mom. We hugged her and told her THANK YOU. CJ and I went upstairs to tell our friend and her busy little girl goodbye and then we got a taxi to the hotel. Tae fell asleep in my arms on the way home and slept for 2 hours! We were told he rarely naps and if he does it is for 20 minutes. Think he was worn out from all these people crying! He still hasn't cried, but I am sure he is grieving. We played and played when he woke up and even skyped Grandma. Tae laughs and laughs when daddy pulls his sock off his foot!



He likes to eat like the rest of the Jacobs! Ate all the food his foster mom had prepared him.

He went to bed around 9:30 and is still sleeping- it is 6:15. We were told that he sleeps from 9-5! Doing good so far!

He is so snuggly and has been held since we got him- we love him so much! We leave for the airport at 1:00 our flight is at 5:30 arrive in Huntsville at 8:45! Looking forward to Tae meeting his brother and sister, Ree, Grandma/Grampa, Aunt Stephanie, Eli, Avree, Kailee, Uncle Steve, Aunt Suzanne and Jacob at the airport! He will feel at home with Avree and Jacob!

1 comment:

Julie Reeves said...

These pictures are super sweet! I'm crying just thinking about all the emotions you all have experienced over the last few hours. I'll be praying for both you and the family he is leaving. Can't wait to meet him.