Monday, September 5, 2011

Tae Today!









































We got to see our sweet boy today! We are so in love with him and want to take his foster mom home with us! She is so wonderful and loves him and takes great care of him. She told us today that we are so blessed to be getting such a good baby! We do feel so undeserving of such a wonderful gift and we told her we know God picked Tae for our family. Charlie and Jerri Lynn are going to absolutely love him to bits. They have been thinking this whole time that he is a baby (not an active 18 month old) and he is so gentle and sweet that they can baby him! We asked his foster mom what she does when he gets upset- and her response, "He never cries- he is a good baby!" We found out he is a thumbsucker- sweet thing! We didn't see him suck his thumb, but he has a little spot on his thumb where he has made it raw! We were so sad to leave him today and Thursday can't come quick enough. We get him at 3:30 and then Dr. Kim prays for him and then we get to take him back to the hotel. His sweet foster mom was so worried about what we would feed him and how many meals she needs to prepare for him before we leave. Her son was a KATUSA and is now a pediatrician- very cool. She invited us to her home the next time we are in Korea. We so hope she gets to come to the states and visit us! Bubbles were once again a hit and he really just wanted to cuddle with me. He likes to watch Thomas the Train. Foster mom is a Christian and was so thankful that we love the Lord and will take him to church! His foster family calls him"White Teddy Bear!" , because his skin is so light and he is so cuddly! Char and Moots are going to love to snuggle him!!!

3 comments:

Kailee Bowen said...

Hey Sis and Ceeje Oh my goodness what a sweet time y'all are having - when I saw picture of your apartment I said, Hey that's where they lived in Kia!" I remember going to that huge church but no service and know how blessed you had to have been with the service and the praying etc. What a wonderful answer to prayer for your boy to love you so much and y'all love him. Now Jerri Lynn can really give him her lolly to trade for his thumb - that's why he's such an easy going baby, like Steve cause he had is thumb and it makes happy content babies I'll tell you that for sure! You have to be soooo cited to bring that precious little fellow home - you surely don't have a baby do you I know Jerri Lynn and ZZ will look soooo big next to him. We pray for a good trip. What are y'all gonna want to eat when you get home - probably nothing. this has been a quick week for us - I haven't gotten to shuffle any papers and sorry K has felt bad but she's still a super great worker no matter how she feels- she's amazing and I told you I didn't need her but she's the greatest, bestest, ever! Be sure and get me and Buffy a couple of those purses and I'd worry about whoever has one would need a body guard! Now the name is who you want him to be and who he looks like he needs to be named but since you asked I do like James Tae Jacobs cause it flows better than Joshua Tae - and the Tae is enough Korean name for him - you see Jacob surely never uses his Korean name so Tae doesn't need two Korean names but whatever y'all like is what matters and it won't matter to him - he is so adorable and a sweet blessing for everybody. Brook said she knows you don't wan't to overwhelm Tae but did I think it's okey if she and Adelyne come to the airport and stood in the background and take pictures and she wants to help clean your house and has taken ZZ to McDonald's this morning and JL isi happy with us cause we're singing and doing exercise...........I brought the aquarium from home and we got fish one day and I was gonna get 3 till I saw they're 38 cents so said I'd get 10 - one for each of my 10 grands - what a blessing for meeeeee Reeeeeee! Keep waiting for some to die and they haven't but want to get some to have babies one day after the aquarium cleaned good and balanced ----All our old stuff works great and they really love it - Tae will too - it's by the baby sink in the playroom. Went for a walk yesterday and ZZ ran most of the way - great exercise. They played in the rain most of the morning even having a watermelon party on the deck in the rain. That's what we've had going on and they have been so sweet and obedient and I'll tell y'all like Jerry told me when I was in the hospital the first night after Steve was born - he came to my room and said, "Reesa honey - as bad as I hate to tell you, Terri did fine without you!" So I know how y'all are feeling cause you want them to do good and they are. Have a happy fun blessed day and I love what y'all write - what a fun treasure . Praying for God's blessings and protection on trip home with my #10 grandson - I can just see Daddy smiling! don't get me a gift - no where to put it. We all love all y'all!

Kailee Bowen said...

that was from Ree in case your couldn't tell :)

Every Season said...

I am completely enjoying your blog, thank you! I can't believe you will be coming home with him soon! He is absolutely adorable and I have no doubt all of you will be such a blessing for each other. ... okay, had to laugh out loud at the Donkey Fried Chicken, definitely one of the reasons I love your family so much - I would have had to take a picture of it too :) love you!! - Dawn