Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jacobs' Home and Esther's Home!

CJ had to work today, so my new friend Dana and I had a LONG, fun adventerous day. We took the subway to Jacobs' Home and Esther's Home. This is a home for children that are not available for adoption, but have been abandoned or taken from their families for various reasons and a home for unwed mothers. When we lived here in 2004, I spent the majority of my week volunteering at these places and I did not think anyone would remember me, but they were all soooooooo welcoming and truly remembered me. They hugged me and even remembered our Korean friend Hyun Hee! We had a great day there and I am so thankful that Dana went with me, because the 2 hour subway journey took 3 1/2 hours, because we were deep in conversation and missed our transfer! After J and E Home we got a taxi to Songtan (outside Osan AFB!) This is my favorite place to shop in all of Korea. We stayed there a little while and ate at Pasta Vino -one of our favorite restaurants and then got back on the subway. Found lots of English speaking people and got exact instructions on how to get back. So, we met several people on the ride home and they enjoyed practicing their English with us! 8:30 pm I finally arrived back to hotel and CJ is not here- he is on his way home from work! I will post photos later!

No comments: